View Single Post
Old November 1, 2017   #15
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi...I must take another photo..it is growing but no sign of flowers etc....The one beside it has fruit on it so I really cannot work it out .. although all i can think off is the raid eco Insect spray I used but I never sprayed it around like they used to do on International airplanes as they arrived in new Zealand ...I directed it at a spider if I saw it or at the web....NOW I was told to burn sulpher on a shovel to sterilise ones greenhouse....??? Have you ever heard of that one in America....I was frightened of what it would do.Although I had no plants in the greenhouse there was bags of soil for my new plants when they arrived out there...Everything like growing drums/pots/stakes are put in a big drum of water with bleach in it ..then taken out and left to dry so I am pretty particular with getting everything clean and disease free.....Anyway...From now on I will use a stick to take off any spider web and knock them on the head if they appear ...My frame is of recycled tube steel and they breed inside it....The Bumble Bees are very scarce as it is without getting caught in spider webs....

This situation is a perfect example of why this year I am waiting for the mature tasty toms ..they cost more but I have none of the issues I continually face ....Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote