Thread: Carolyn's Book
View Single Post
Old July 24, 2006   #42
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Supergirl,

Sure I read this thread as you asked. Haven't you seen the several posts I've made when you read through?

When I say blemish free I'm not talking about BER. I'm talking about lack of black stiching, hollows and high points, large blossom scars, belly buttons and the like.

All of the varieties in the book I've grown several times, some more than others and when i say I've not seen any BER that pertains to my conditions where they were grown, how I grow them and all else, and should not and cannot be applied to other regions and how others grow their tomatoes and the weather in those areas and how much they irrigate if they don't live in an area such as mine where the water falls from the sky .

Growing in containers is a whole other issue and none of the varieties in my book were grown by me in containers for almost always they are grown by sprawling in a large field.

But hopefully those that have little to no BER for me might be ones to take a look/see at to see how they do inground in your own area.