View Single Post
Old March 23, 2012   #71
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
Ditto, Kenny! And I think we spend a third of our overhead just trying to get clients to pay the bills once the work is done. Let's have some sympathy for small businesses.
Oh yeah...paying the Vet who gets your mare pregnant was always way down on my clients list! And it always seemed that the wealthier my clients were, the bigger "poor payer" they were. You have not lived until you have had me on the other end of the phone asking for my money...My Husband and Son would go outside! I finally had an agreement with the stud owners tht no "Breeders Certificate" would be issued until the vet and ranch were paid. You cannot register a foal with any breed association without a Breeders Certificate so it was pretty good incentive. I would get a call the next year asking "Where's my Breeders Certificate?" and they got the answer "Where's my money?"

I have quit complaining about postage...I understand that postage rates have skyrocketed and I fully understand what a small business garners in associated costs. I just make darn sure I get everything I want in one shipment.