View Single Post
Old November 21, 2008   #9
Earl
Tomatovillian™

Kat, I hear you. But sometimes it's hard to keep a positive attitude humming along. The value of our house has dropped 30 or so percent in the last few months, eating up 10 years of payments. Those Administrations and Congressmen-women who forced the banks to make those bad loans, I'm sure their houses are paid for. I reckon I'm just mad as h$ll that we elect such idiots. We is our own worst enemy, as Pogo said. It appears that in general the country doesn't give a dam about the coming generations. If we Americans of today had to backup and take on WWII, we'd all be Nazi's right now. We may be speaking Chinese or Russian in a few years.

I came into the world without anything, guess I'll be leaving it the same way. I grew up under hardtimes too--40's-50's. When we got down to the last piece of fried fatback, Ma would tie a string on it, so if one of us kids swallowed it she'd pull it back out and pass it on to the next one. Being the youngest at the time, when it came my turn it was always well chewed. But I never would eat possum. :-)

Me and my better half had our 26 last April 3rd.