View Single Post
Old August 8, 2019   #8
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
My problem with the grow bags was keeping them evenly watered. If you don't do it professionally and don't have an irrigation system, it can hard to prevent drying out and BER. if i grew professionally or was retired, I could attend them every day. Having a full time job outside the home, and lots if other stuff to do as well, keeping up with pots the way i think they needed to be to get good results was more than I could put into it. If you have the time and/or the money and motivation to set up an irrigation system i am sure you could get much better results than i had. Watering by hand on 90-100 degree days and not over watering or letting them dry out takes more time and attention that I could give them.
That is so true, and it is the biggest problem my customers run into. I always suggest a cheap drip system with a timer from Home Depot or Lowe's, they connect right to a garden hose and are very easy to assemble. Up here the cost is under 40 dollars. The problem is feeding consistently by means of the system. One will have to feed by hand and adjust the strength to meet the demand and frequency. Once this stuff is figured out and installed, it is a real joy instead of just more work. Good luck this fall
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote