View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012   #3
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

Hope to see you all here
We had a nice turnout for the plant swap and I'm optimistic we will have a good crowd for the tasting, too.

I want to mention a couple of things that I forgot to do for the plant swap. First is weather related. We will be hosting the tasting in our large shop.. so rain or shine, we should be real comfy. It was pretty hot for the plant swap but with all the doors open and the fans moving the air around, it was very pleasant. So don't let the weather stop you from coming. Second is kid related. Our kids are grown up and have left the nest so we don't have anything for the kids to play with. There is plenty of room to play ball or ride bikes but we don't have either, so don't be afraid to let them bring something fun with them.
Hopefully, I will have some nice giant pumpkins and watermelons for you to see during your visit and Tom the turkey is always ready to show off for company.
I had my first BLT of the season last night along with a couple of ears of sweet corn. Tomato eating season has officially started