View Single Post
Old November 16, 2019   #1
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

Default Garden pics 2019 Tomatoes plus

I take pictures all year long but don't find time to get them ready for posting. Lots of time now with rainy weather hitting us in earnest this time of year.
I enjoy seeing the images of other gardeners' efforts and hope you like these.

This year I grew 20 tomato plants in containers.
I kept six dwarfs. This was Apr 12th in a south facing protected area under a tarp.

Two new to me varieties shared by members of T'vl. They did well and were off to a good start July5th

Brad's Atomic Grape was fun and tasty (if you like all sweet). Sometimes strange looking depending on the light.

This is the first time I have grown a multiflora tomato. Interesting and made me think of fractals in the almost never ending continuation of the same patterns. A bit late but the last ones that I hung for a while ripened nicely and made a nice dark addition to the last sauces.

While waiting for tomatoes to grow and ripen there is time to observe who is in the garden. Bees like all the alliums I have ever grown.

Hummingbirds, as well as bees love the elephant garlic blossoms.

The fragrant parsley blooms are a hit.

I once had occasion to google the usefulness of flies and learned that they are the number 2 pollinator, after bees!

July 12th, lots of fruit set nicely on the dwarfs

WooHoo! I see colour! I put a fruit bag around the tomatoes as a rat deterrent. There were none this year but I took no chances with the low hanging fruit after last year.

Someone's watching me.
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote