View Single Post
Old January 27, 2018   #131
BlackBear
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
I agree that 0-33 is the best of the Saraev's. Vladimir and I did a Saraev grow off in 2016 with the following varieties: Saraev 0-33, Saraev Druzhnya, Saraev Gruntovye, Saraev I-2, Saraev M-22, Saraev Otbor 1, Saraev Shtambovyi, and Saraev Stoikiy. My best that year were 0-33 and Druzhnya which I grew multiples of in 2017. This year I will only grow 0-33 since a had a lot of splitting with Druzhnya in 2017. The skin literally fall off these 2 when blanched, making them very easy to process. Vladimir had good luck with some of the other varieties. They are all acidic.

Krainiy Sever is on my 2018 grow list so I am glad to hear you liked it.

A great surprise for me in 2017 was Sasha's Altai from Tatiana. Her seed source was Mark Oathout of Wasilla, and these were a really fine tasting early determinate variety. They were less acidic than 0-33.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Sasha%27s_Altai

1) Wow ! Excellent documentation and presentation regarding the stupice changes.

For me ...I just seemed to notice a plant source with different attributes ...AND the earliness was not there anymore .

2) Most interesting results/ feedback for "0-33" I recognized it as interesting
but your results ...highlite how interesting.

3) Thanks again for the Imur Prior Beta seeds a few seasons back.

4) Sasha's Altai was consistently early for me ...but very mild flavor
I prefer a bit more acid , zing etc, so I was leaning toward Cosmonaut volkov

as I was able to get early results/ fruit set in container as well with stupice.
(But it appears stupice is "changing/drifting " )

Last edited by BlackBear; January 27, 2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typo
BlackBear is offline   Reply With Quote