View Single Post
Old February 19, 2006   #14
svalli
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey_BY
... + as an nessessary extra to vodka
You know Russians are mostly into sweet peppers. That's why there is no so many Russian hot pepper varieties :wink:
My personal favorites are the seasoning peppers (mild C. chinense) in rum. The peppers stay crisp and fresh tasting and the liquid tastes OK too. I have used the peppers as garnish on desserts and people have been amazed.

I have heard about hot pepper vodka, but have never tasted it. Even I am born and raised in Finland, I do not like the taste of vodka. Unfortunately there are not any real Finnish peppers, even some most fanatic pepper growers live there.

This year my plan is to reduce the tomato varieties to max.10 and try new pepper varieties. I have quite many C. baccatums, C. chinenses and couple of C. pubescens started already. I do not like extremely hot peppers, so I have tried to select medium and milder varieties or grow more of them. I will start sweet peppers and hot C. annuums in couple of weeks. Marconis and other sweet frying peppers will get good space in my garden. I have had better luck with them than with bell types, so I may not grow any bells this year.
svalli is offline   Reply With Quote