View Single Post
Old May 9, 2006   #35
Delora
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaMarieNJ
Nah! Mine are like yours b/c I planted when you did. I thot I had bought DWARF snow peas by mistake! Honestly, I thot snow peas grew faster than that. Mine are slow growing. Didn't see them at all for quite some time. Oh well. I'll still be picking snow peas before tomatoes. IF, that is, I get tomatoes. Something HAS BEEN BREAKING THE TOP OFF OF MY SEEDLINGS that have been outside hardening. I don't know if it is a squirrel, bird, or what, but it is driving me crazy! Five plants have been neatly beheaded!!! It's getting to the point that I'm afraid to leave them outside now.

Thanks for the info.
I planted my peas the first week of March and they took over a month to germinate. And then.. only the snow peas grew - Not a single one of the sugar snap even sprouted (I must have had some bad seed). Mine are about 18" high now, but I still haven't seen a single flower. Being slightly south of you guys, we seem to be on about the same track for our respected growing conditions. I'll let you know if I get to pick any peas before they fry up in the heat.

(Spinich is doing lovely and I sowed it on the same day as the peas. I've harvested several times already.)

-Delora
Delora is offline   Reply With Quote