Thread: Done for now
View Single Post
Old July 7, 2017   #16
EPawlick
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bower View Post
I just planted peas this morning, and carrots a couple days ago. Will be fall before I get them but there was no spring so..... what can you do.

We are actually having bean weather now and there is a chance that bush beans would get the weather they need to produce if planted right away... I am tempted to throw a few in just in case. Was at the farm today and saw a nice row of beans just started. They have squash planted and are all under row cover, no fruits expected for a while yet. Lots of lettuce, greens, dill, cilantro, spinach... tomatoes are setting but nothing ripe or close to ripe. I may get a few in my greenhouse starting mid July.

Garlic scapes are not out yet or just starting - I can see the first one in my patch.
Just picked my first two tomatoes (chocolate sprinkles). My beans just started flowering but I have had lots of radishes, snow peas, lettuce, rosemary, thyme, basil, mint, beets, and onions. Tomorrow I plan to harvest my garlic. Several hot jalapeños are almost ready but still small. Everything is slower than last year.
EPawlick is offline   Reply With Quote