View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012   #21
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowyck View Post
so what suggestions would yall have for sources to purchase seeds from. I would like to try about 15-20 varieties that would grow well here and I have no seed stock at all, so starting from scratch and kinda glad I have a little time to study and plan.

Jan
Jan, Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us for the plant swap, because I know it would be fun. There's a wonderful website , Tatiana's Tomatobase that lists thousands of tomatoes, with descriptions, and where to buy them, several different sources for a given tomato type usually, and it's set up to link to the seller.
There is also a forum here on the main page that lists well thought of and ethical seed sellers, many of them. I have had personal experience with Sandhill Preservetion, Tomatogrowers Supply, and Sample Seed Shop, all are simply great, but there are very many others. That forum also suggests some to stay away from, such as Burpee, and the reasons why.
Lastly, there is a forum for wanted seeds where you can request if anyone has your wanted variety, and just send them a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and they will help you out.
Are you sure you cant make the 2 hour drive to plantation? Such a shame to miss it