View Single Post
Old January 2, 2018   #8
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
My overwintered plants jumped from the starting line and never looked back.

A good summer for peppers this year.

Good luck
Mine,too. I’ve overwintered both ways,indoors and outdoors protected when I was in zone 9b.
I really like to keep a plant or two of my favorites,I have Datil and Carolina Reaper in my greenhouse this year. Those two plants are going on 2 years old and produced tons last summer after overwintering. I did have aphids last spring in the greenhouse but one package of ladybugs totally got rid of them. I also open the green as much as possible to let the air and good bugs in.
My greenhouse doesn’t have sun so it’s not as great as it sounds. I do run a tiny space heater in it now that I’m in a colder zone. Hoping we don’t have a power outage during this cold snap as I have too many bigger citrus and the peppers,wouldn’t be able to bring them in the house.
I had some peppers and eggplants in AZ that were 5 years old, although I didn’t have as much luck with super hots,they are very cold sensitive. The jalapeño was a tree staked with 3 t-posts and I kept chopping my eggplants back to keep them lower than my head.

Last edited by Tracydr; January 2, 2018 at 05:53 PM.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote