View Single Post
Old October 3, 2018   #9
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonValley View Post
Robert, since you and your family like cherry tomatoes, I thought I'd recommend Tiny Tim. It's an old (1945) micro-dwarf that generally stays under 24" in height. I've grown it a few times on my office windowsill. I started some about a year ago and ate the first ripe tomato on Jan. 22. I just picked the last ripe one on Friday, and am about to start a few more. I think they taste good! Nothing fancy, just a red cherry with a nice flavor.

I'm sending seeds to the MMMM swap, or PM me if you'd like some; I'm always happy to trade...
Thank you for your offer. I have Tiny Tim seeds. I haven't grown them yet.

I just mentioned this to my wife about an hour ago about the overwintering thing. There is one variety that I got from the MMMM swap that Tormato does. I saved seeds in 2015 for a tomato called Pinky Blast. All I learned about it was that it came from someone overseas (I don't remember the country.) I did grow it in 2015. Pinky Blast produces like some pepper plants do - with the fruit on top of the plants. Again, the plants are about 2 feet tall. I don't know if one would call those a dwarf plant. I like the term, "Micro Mini" The tomatoes tasted okay. but that was during a year of record rainfall of over 73".

Without much information and a bad year to grow tomatoes in 2015 - it's my pet project to see what these tomato seeds can do. I used Carolyn's method to save the seeds, but the bad weather that year might have messed up the seed production? I won't know until I try.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote