View Single Post
Old November 14, 2018   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarnianGarden View Post
Carolyn: The end of the article cites an interview with Linda Sapp and the segment mentions SunGold Red.

"In the indeterminate plant size class, 'Sweet Gold hybrid' produces fruits of 'Super Sweet 100' size and taste but has a deep gold coloring. 'Sun Gold hybrid' is another popular indeterminate gold cherry, but its flavor is more reminiscent of a pineapple than of a tomato. "It's definitely a different eating experience from the average tomato," says Sapp. (There's now a red version called 'Sungold Red' available.) "
Thanks for pointing that out but I have to wonder the date of when that was said since Linda Sapp sold her complete inventory of varieties to a husband and wife from CA 2-3 years ago and Linda has retired.

Has anyone looked at the NEW website to see what is being offered for I haven't and probably won't. Over the years I've sent her many new varieties and she said they probably would welcome that.

Which reminds me she gave me her private e-mail addy and I must contact her and see what she is doing. Knowing her as well as I do I'm pretty darn sure she isn't coloring in one of those coloring books.

Carolyn