View Single Post
Old November 10, 2015   #68
Bipetual
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
I think the best way to tell you is to start with post # 7. These were extra special seeds, so they got the royal treatment. paper towel moistened, seeds enclosed, all in a plastic baggie to be able to exactly see when they sprouted. After the first little radicle(root tip) started to show, they were sown very gently in a cell of a 72 cell seed starting tray, using Miracle Gro Seed Starting potting mix. They were left until they has a full set of first true leaves, and the beginnings of a second. Then transplanted deeply to 4" pots using Promix BX with a pinch of Tomato Maker organic fertilizer, they were about 2 weeks old when that took place. Left there until about 5&1/2 weeks old, in full sun about 8 hrs/day. When they were 7-8" tall, final potting using Promix BX with dolomite lime, about a cup per 7 gallon potful, and about 1/2 cup of Tomato Tone also mixed throughout. So you see where they are now.
Wow, thank you, Marsha, for sharing your methods in so much detail. I appreciate you sharing your recipe for success, so to speak.

Sorry you had to have surgery! I am very glad you're feeling better.
Bipetual is offline   Reply With Quote