View Single Post
Old September 10, 2009   #43
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Carolyn, I still need the list of what was grown in 2004, the KB was from that year on the pkt.

I grew only one plant in 2007 and got a RL red heart.

I grew 2 plants in 2008 & got 1 PL red & 1 RL pink.

This year I'm growing 2 PL red & 2 RL pink here, and I think 2 PL red & 1 RL pink at Jerry's in the 'burbs.

They are broken down into numbers, we started 81 varieties and the 2 segregates coincided with #12 & #13 in the trays, 12 is the red, 13 is the pink, and N & S here for placement, F & R at Jerry's for the reds. So there is 12N, 12S, 13N, 13S, 12F, 12R, 13J (only one #13 there I think so calling it J for Jerry's.)

All the 12's are red hearts--not as pronounced as a Ukrainian Heart, but generally a blunt Wes type heart, some pointy though. The 13 at Jerry's was more flatter on the bottom. The 13N here is similar. But the 13S here was a really big heart but still blunt.

Here's the 13 from Jerry's:

Here is 13S, grown here:

Here's a general representation of 12N/S/F/R:

12F, with a huge belly button:

I still have to sit down & start tasting them all, I pretty much got a late start this year with everything going on with my Mom & back & no yard help, etc, and didn't get plants in until almost the end of June.... a few even in July!

To this day, I still have NOT sat down and had a whole tomato to actually eat all by myself! Not even on a sandwich, not even 1 BLT!

P.S. There is also a 13N & PL Red pictured in the thumbnails on page 1...

Last edited by korney19; September 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM.