View Single Post
Old March 8, 2010   #4
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

OK, Greg so are you going to share your time-compression system, or is it a trade secret?

I finally started some seeds on Saturday - I planted lots of Scarabs and DelMars, since they never germinated last year. I hope some sprout by next weekend so I can start more varieties (I only have one heat mat).

BTW, did anybody see the March issue of Martha Stewart Living? There's an article by Barbara Damrosch about a tomato tasting that she, Martha, Tim Stark (Heirloom: Notes from an Accidental Tomato Farmer), and two NY chefs attended, which was hosted by Amy Goldman (The Heirloom Tomato: From Garden to Table). They used printed cards to rate the varieties, but then there were only a few folks invited, so that procedure worked fine. Just like at MAGTAG, "Black Cherry" was a hit. I went online to see if I could email a letter to the editor mentioning MAGTAG, but Marthastewart.com doesn't seem to have any way to do this. Maybe Martha just doesn't want to listen to anybody's comments.

I did think it was sweet that Damrosch humbly referred to herself as "a farmer from Maine." Ya gotta love that gal.