View Single Post
Old March 5, 2017   #58
oakley
Tomatovillian™

I have no issues with you posting. Interesting.
I've not run into this persons videos but it is a different generation of reality TV now
i see on youtube. And not surprised with so much advertising revenue.
(he is a bit high-strung and over-bearing) a little...

That is just a difference in personality i suppose. I would rather eat glass that hold a
selfie stick, but others can't stop. When someone has a need to film themselves all
week and share it publicly....it has to come with a bit of skepticism. It does reek of mild
deceit somewhere. Either the seller or the buyer. Show-boating, hype.

New old stock of everything is in homes and barns all over and most have no interest.
Why they are sold on E-bay, Etsy. (it is valuable if someone is willing to pay for it)

My only real issue is the lack of research and not 'waking' up old seed carefully.
Dumping in full packs. Drum roll. Whispering. Drama. (toss in a few viable newer seeds
from the home/business collection). The excitement seemed false to me. But minor deceit? They have to live with that. If it is, but no way to know. They get to live with it if it is so. (i realize he did not empty the entire tomato pack but it was still careless)

A better lesson would be, for so many watching, would be a mention of many of the
methods to wake up old seeds. The embryo might be in good shape, but its seed case might have hardened and the carbohydrates and minerals usually inside might have been compromised or dried out. That needs to be available immediately unlike my recent seeding that is up in 4-5 days being fresh seed.

I do agree that getting a younger generation involved in gardening is a win.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote