Thread: Fusarium Wilt
View Single Post
Old June 11, 2017   #101
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Default Fall Garden

I have 7 out 12 Big Beef F1 sprouting that I intend to grow in the raised bed that I know for sure has both RKN and Fusarium wilt. Big Beef is VFFNTA.

If Campari is actually Mountain Magic - they have a resistance to Fusarium races 0-2, early and late blight, and V according to Johnny's http://www.johnnyseeds.com/vegetable...seed-2513.html The ones I have started are F2s.

Both varieties are seedlings right now, and should be ready to plant out sometime around July 4-15th (I'm hoping to plant them on July 4.) That is a month before the recommended plant out date for transplants in my area of Texas.

The bed I want to plant both of them in is the one I have shown pictures of in this thread along with the results of planting in it. Five plants in that bed out of 17 tomato plants have already been pulled due to Fusarium. Three more plants will be pulled soon.

This is a question for you all - that involves my thoughts without knowing the answer. Is it possible that the Fusarium resistance in the Campari be transferred to the F2s that I have seedlings of? If so, that would mean they are still FFF.

Bill, I do remember what you wrote about Big Beef F2 on the first page of this thread. When it comes to genetics - I understand X+Y = a baby/s male or female with genes and DNA from both parents and their grandparents... but that is where my understanding starts to wane.

Last edited by AlittleSalt; June 12, 2017 at 12:27 AM.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote