Thread: lawn sweeper
View Single Post
Old February 18, 2019   #4
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

We have about 2 1/2 acres to mow and our big zero turn riding mower baggers are really heavy to empty so we only use them in the early spring when the grass grows really fast and the clippings lay all over the surface and look awful.

After the first few weeks of mowing, we remove the baggers and let the clippings decompose in place and feed the lawn. However sometimes there is an excess of clippings and we do not want to re-install the baggers which is a project.

I found a used lawn sweeper on Craig's list and bought it about 3 years ago. I love it and use it about twice a month. It is an easy way to take the grass clippings to the garden for mulch or the compost pile. It is much easier to empty than my baggers since it just dumps the material in a pile onto the ground.

It works best if you let the clippings dry for a day before picking them up. Picking up wet clippings is heavy and puts more stress onto the lawn sweeper too. I have had to replace a couple of $6 parts which broke over the last 3 years.

My lawn sweeper is a sears brand one.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote