View Single Post
Old June 19, 2019   #40
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

June 12th, 2019

I ordered my TWP satin for the deck last week. Started removing everything from the deck and bringing a lot of the deck stuff in the house then begun the tedious task of cleaning the boards, I bypassed the rain barrel and connected the gutter into a smaller barrel and ran a hose to the drain.
Sam and I (mostly Sam) bleached and scrubbed the hell out of the deck, then sprayed the deck down real good with a garden hose, I decided against the power washer because it raises the grain too much. The stain came in but there were two problems, rain in the forecast and the company sent me the wrong stain so I had to reorder the stain.

We're having my family over this weekend so everything is being scrubbed, sorted through and placed back on the deck until I can get a few days without rain, then everything will be removed again, but at least everything will be clean.

While messing with the 165g rain barrel I noticed the screen wasn't really working out to well so I fixed that, I also noticed the 90 gallon tank wasn't filling the Koi pond, the screen filter on the timer was getting clogged every few days. I removed the screen filter on the timer and redesigned the pre filters on the barrel, hopefully this will work.

June 14th, 2019

I decided to plant some red beets so I made a little garden in a garden.

Made some wood labels and started labeling the herbs.
I was inspecting the garden looking for my parsley and couldn't find any... oops! I do have plenty of cilantro, some has flowered and some is growing nicely, I also have a few seedlings to plant out later.
I started some parsley, it's a bit late but I really like my parsley.

We have been getting a lot of rain so the irrigation lines are off.

Something took two of my eggplants, oh well.
Planted some cantaloupe starts, I direct sowed this area three times and nothing! I don't know if a critter was eating the seedlings or not so I started some in pots then planted. I have another dozen as backup.

June 19th, 2019

Still raining and looks like it will continue till Friday, I have been hoping for a break so I can stain the deck. Drip irrigation is still turned off.

Hardy Kiwi is growing like crazy

I decided to hold off on spraying the plants, I still have aphids around but they're not hurting the tomato plants. I do have to regularly go out and clean off a pepper plant that is loaded with ants. I'll probably make up a few homemade Terro Baits and put them out.

The grapes are doing great.

I stopped at the recycle center Saturday and picked up some wood chips and compost.
Put in a little garden bed on the hellstrip around the lamp post, dogs pee on this and only weeds will grow around the pole, so I put in some flowers and a Pee rock, lol.

This is the first year that my Japanese Stewartia has bloomed.

SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote