View Single Post
Old February 15, 2017   #231
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default What A Day??

Patti..What a day ...I had everything written out and somehow it was all deleted ....So I am so tired and sore from falling over heres whats happened...You may recall a Soil company picked up a small sample of soil from me...That came from a seedling pottle...(Yates Premium Potting Mix ) Well today they returned with 1/2 a bag of a specially prepared soil mix containing Myco ,Trace Elements etc and told me it was free .....Now I do not know what the soil has in it but I was warned that I have to be careful as its very powerful...The man looked at my plants and said do not use over a tablespoon per plant and I presume tablespoon was for the WM drum and the plastic containers being smaller I would reduce it accordingly...
He said try it on 3-4 plants and see how it goes???
Thats about all I recall....

Just after this I received the invoice for the MYco etc from the other place $150.01 so I have just paid it...Apparantly it will not be down for a few days??
******Our 10/25 is drying at the moment, as soon as it is dry enough (next day or two) we will get your order off to you.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards
Also from their email on the 14th....
Hi Ron

What soil are you growing your tomatoes in ? Are they in the garden in that original soil which assumingly has been modified ? Why I ask, for all our recommendations are based on building up the mineral structure of the base soils. This is always the skeletal framework to any growing at any scale. Once the mineral structure has a good balance all else is easy.

Beyond that, if you have all that already in place and you are happy with it feeding and microbes can be added. Microbes will do well in compost covered with mulch. Best mulch is very old 3-4 yr old straw, oat, barley, lucern etc

I sent a makeup of the soil as given to me by the supplier....

I am still no further ahead and my seedlings are growing so fast in their small pottles....

After promises of help I ended up removing the glass door by myself then fell over and could not get up so had to set my emergency alarm off for an ambulance....Thankfully and finally a neighbour came over and got me up on my feet ...So i carried on and then belatedly the ambulance arrived...

So later I will have to get the new glass door completely into the roof...But I would not have a clue what to do now with my plants ...and having two different Myco's will only confuse the situation...

Regards Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3012.jpg (289.5 KB, 25 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote