View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013   #2
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keger View Post
Those little plastic plant labels that are in the pots when you get them at the nursery? The preprinted ones with the picture and variety on them? Instructions and all that?

I have all these plants that will be ready to sell, and then I noticed,,, woops!
I don't know where to get those. BUT I know a great alternative you can easily make yourself.

Blinds!

Simply take some scissors and cut up some old plastic blinds into the shape and size for stake labels. Mark them with a Sharpie permanent magic marker with whatever info you need. Or if your handwriting is poor, you can buy blank self adhesive labels at Office Depot that fit in your computer printer and print up labels to stick to the stakes you made from the blinds.

With a little care and practice you can actually make something pretty professional looking for nearly no cost.

Assuming you have an old set of blinds hanging around.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote