View Single Post
Old December 14, 2019   #51
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
I only use Tomatofest for seed to keep my Varieties pure for Historical Propose. I ordered Hot Peppers from Seeds and Such to grow beside the Native American Hot Peppers to see if they were the some we use here at Angel Field. They were Substituted without warning, each year. The one I farm with is a Native American secret that I cannot releases.

Are they really from South Carolina?

Apparently, the reputation of Tomatofest has improved over the years. For many years, some folks on this site and other sites claimed Tomatofest sometimes renamed some old varieties to indicate they were new varieties discovered by Tomatofest. It did create some confusion with growers who were not sure if they received and grew old or newly discovered varieties.

I ordered from them a few times and never had a problem. I did receive some free seeds from them which I grew out. I believe they were called Daphnes Gold or something like that. I happened to be growing KBX that year and the free seeds produced fruit and plants absolutely identical to the KBX fruit and plants. Like the KBX, they produced great tomatoes abundantly and they were free so I had no complaint.

Last edited by DonDuck; December 14, 2019 at 08:35 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote