View Single Post
Old January 4, 2017   #62
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Chose three to grow out. These 3 first up.
Have you noticed variability in the germination time? I noticed between 5 and 28! Days for seeds sown the same day in the same pot. I kept the last puppy dogs tail to germinate and it has just got its first leaves. i will grow it out to to see if it is different in other ways as well.
Seed labelled 11X-F4-6-1 determinate purple cherry.
KarenO
I can’t speak to germination time. The way I have things setup, I do not do anything individually. I do everything en mass. I plant large numbers of seeds and cull very heavily. If there happen to be some just sprouting as I am potting up those that are ready from a flat , they get ignored and tossed. Even with the F4s, I start at least 10-20 seeds for each one I pot up – for the F2s and F3, sometimes 50-100.

It will be interesting to see what the straggler does.

For what it is worth, I’m having some difficulty with the 11X-F4-6-1 finding what I hoped for indoors. They seem to want to stretch out the blossom spray instead of staying really compact like they did outside. The plants are doing well, but not staying as compact as I’d hoped. Nothing ripe yet so I can’t speak to taste of the F4s grown indoors.
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote