View Single Post
Old March 8, 2018   #29
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
That pepper could win a beauty contest, Rob. Mine are NEVER that full and bushy. What magic formula are you pumping thru that injector.

I probably won't top this year. Everything is growing at a snail's pace. None of the peppers are more than an inch and look skinny. I've repotted half of them in Black Gold All Purpose and the other half in the brown bag Happy Frog. Both mixes have the bat guanno, worm castings, etc. They did better last year in Wonder Soil.

Ah well, this gives me motivation to keep trying in my old age.)

- Lisa
Thanks Lisa!
That plant is in a dutch bucket hydro system, I'm using Calcium Nitrate, Epsom salt and Masterblend. The pump is set to run 3 times a day for 15 minutes. I use the same fertilizer to water all of my plants starting after I transplant them into individual pots or 6 packs.

Your plants should grow good with those nutrients in the soil and I would water with a little MG. You have time before planting so they should grow.

I hope you top at least one plant as an experiment, you'll be surprised. Top the plant before it has flowers developing when it's about 8" tall.

Good Luck this year!!