View Single Post
Old April 27, 2022   #7
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam91 View Post
Thanks everyone!
I haven't been given my space yet, so don't know exactly what it will look like - but 99% sure it will just be flat.

This is a secondary garden, and kind of out in a field, so I will not be building fancy supports for these - there should be lots of room to sprawl, at least I hope so.

I have Sangria watermelon, some seedless variety, Honeyrock melon, zucchini, summer squash, straight 8 cucumbers, and squash going. squash, hmm trying to remember - honeynut, butternut, buttercup, turks turban, celebration, and 1 of some sort of wierd blue pumpkin

Jungle LOL
If you have a very large flat area: using landscaping material on both sides will be good without cutting the fabric with your Viney Vegetables growing in the middle. A year down the road, remember to rotate to keep your soil healthy. Depending on your soil maybe 2 years. I will be planting my Green Strip Cushaw at the bottom of a hill to grow upwards today following my planned rotation. Believe it or not: the Rain helped me plant my corn transplants yesterday.
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote