Thread: Soil Test
View Single Post
Old August 26, 2016   #17
My Foot Smells
Tomatovillian™

thanks brownrexx. I do usually "top" off the beds with compost each year (2"+) and also fert each plant with plant tone a few times during the season.

In regards to the acidic soil, kind of perplexed. My "city" water is acidic as I did extensive testing on a fish aquarium, but prior tests with a cheap ph meter (free w/ a bag of soil) gave in-range results. Of course, not relying on that piece of garbage and when I get home today will throw in the trash. My clay soil is acidic as well, but these are raised beds with compost/green sand base and added compost each year.

I am completely in the dark on the side numbers to include the K2O reading. My CA seemed ridicuously high to me and other trace mineral results, I do not have a clue.

Adding lime should be an easy amend this fall, but what kind of lime is best for the garden? I have not added any - ever; which stands to reason given results. I know lime is used in a lot of building capacities.

In reality 1000sf would be the total sum of all my garden space, so not a huge task. But if I have a 5'x10'x21" raised bed (which several are), does the cubic component factor?
My Foot Smells is offline   Reply With Quote