View Single Post
Old November 22, 2013   #34
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
Vladimir,

Thank you so much for the research! I would love to see the documents, but if they are in Czech, I am afraid I will not be able to read it...

Thank you so much for sending me Stupické Sklenikové and Stupické Polní Rané - now I have a unique opportunity to grow them side-by-side with Stupice, and see how close they are. Judging by the fruit size, Stupické polní rané should be closer to Stupice than Stupické skleníkové.

I also have Slava Poryni that I received from a customer in Poland. I understand that it is one of the parents of the original cross from which both Stupické originated.

I am also wondering where the name 'Stupice' came from... There is no mention of the names in the letter that Milan Sodomka sent to Forest Shomer of Abundant Life Seed Foundation in 1976 (http://www.seattlepi.com/lifestyle/h...he-1187046.php)

Do you know what 'fy Selecta' means? Is it a person's name or a name of a farm (or other organization)?

I understand that 'homologation' means 'approved for use', but please correct me if I am wrong.

Tatiana

1.Each on this web knows Tom Wagner, Fred Hempel, ... They of course excuse me , when I write that Jaroslav Homola was Czech Tom Wagner or Fred Hempel, …..
2.In 1921 year was founded the Station Stupice by Selecta (The firm for the cultivation plants and the propagation seed for sowing). This firm was nationialized sometime after 1948 year (as all firms in Czechoslovakia). From 1950 y. to 1989 y. commonwealth Czechoslovakia kept all perquisite to all Czech tomatoes. In 1989 were state firms privatized and the perquisites to tomatoes Stupice acquired three firms- Seva Seed, Moravoseed and Sempra. Sempra resigned on this perquisites. Moravoseed and Seva Seed proliferate seeds now.
3.Tanja, can you open that „pdf „ file.
4.I shall be plant Stupice, Stupické skleníkové and Stupické polní rané in 2014 too. „Moravský div“ appertains to them too.
5. Yes, ,homologation' means 'approved for use'
Vladimír

Last edited by MrBig46; November 22, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
MrBig46 is online now   Reply With Quote