View Single Post
Old June 16, 2018   #130
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Let's see. Great crystal clear photography, lots of wonderfully healthy tomato plants with super fruit set, ripe fruits in the 10's of dozens, and a system that has my eyelids a deep shade of envious green. Soooooo...... painful to see when my pitiful mater patch won't hold a candle to it. Add to all that and my stash of tomato juice, "my precious" tomato juice is down to only four quarts left until harvest. My nerves are jumpier than a field full of grasshoppers.

I think I am now officially ......... clinically depressed !!!!!

Mark, I know you sell a lot of your harvest locally as fresh fruit. Have you ever considered making a "market" quantity of heirloom tomato juice? Maybe Alaskans would like the taste of summer in midwinter. I might stand in line if I can get my share of about 500 gallons.
Hi Ted, I hope you get your juice stash refilled in time. We do tomato slop, and also can lots and lots of spaghetti sauce that also contains our peppers and onions.

I can't produce enough tomatoes to satisfy the ones in need. I would rather sell them tomatoes that they can can themselves. On another note, that heirloom juice could bring a good price. I am not sure on regulations for stuff like that, I assume there may be lots of red tape

You take care my tomato friend, I will post some pics of the Brandywine soon. I will also post some pics of my Brandywine Sudduth's selection from 2016. One of them threw very nice shaped fruit, and it seems to have carried on. The taste... oh my.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote