View Single Post
Old August 11, 2013   #19
aclum
Tomatovillian™

Hi Delerium,

Your grafts look great!!

I've had a few successful no root grafts and I'm playing around with some cuttings I have, trying to get some grafts going. Some success but mostly failures so far. Have been experimenting with varying light and humidity situations. I want to get a good % of successes with my trials, and then I'll start grafting on the RST 04-105=T rootstock. Just need them to catch up with my Marvel Stripe, NAR, Paul Robeson, and Aunt Ginny's Purple to be the inaugural planting in my new bed! They'll all be single grafts, but I might attempt multiple grafts with the 4 other rootstocks I have going. It is fun to think of various combinations - I think I have 18 new varieties to choose from.

I wanted to mention how I made my plant labels that you referred to. I printed out the names on heavy "card stock" paper I had around. All the names on one or two pages. Then I cut them to size and used the food saver to seal them in! Since the strips were so tiny, I couldn't get the seal close enough to the label holding it in place with my fingers, so I'd hold the things in place with a little piece of scotch tape at either end while I did the seal.

I'm really enjoying following all your new ideas and projects! (And, my!, you're quite the artist, aren't you?).

Anne
aclum is offline   Reply With Quote