View Single Post
Old March 14, 2017   #2195
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Very Purty indeed

It is actually sad that need to put up a picture of do not pick up live shells. I mean, duh!
Think of it in terms of people being visual, who develop an aversion to reading. Another group to consider are those with minimal to non-existent English, this could encompass tourists, not just the other knee jerk-politically charged tangent. And believe it or not, there's still a few people who are illiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbotomateo View Post
Purty pics!. . Around thirty years ago I took an old man fishing a lot and he'd say , remember 1943 when all these hills, pismo area, were artillery placements dug in to repel enemy invasions we're here? I wasn't born yet but I'd say "yes".. There's reportedly still munitions scattered around in that area. Just north of there in Morro bay they claim they received enemy fire of some sort during WW2. I don't know what type or if anyone was injured.
They lived through it and remember. Munitions all over the place in S. California, you have to think of them as rattlesnakes, only you don't thump the ground for them to say hello.

Last edited by Gerardo; March 14, 2017 at 04:29 PM.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote