Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017   #193
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
The copper spary will probably keep it under control especially if you have trimmed all the sick looking stuff off. Sometimes it takes several treatments to slow or stop many of those speck and spot diseases. They are very persistent in my experience. I had a bad one on my bell peppers one year and it took a couple of months before it stopped showing up on the leaves and peppers. I think the best offense with those type diseases is a good defense. By that I mean keep regularly using fungicides that help prevent them. Of course rainy weather can throw that strategy out the window sometimes.

Bill
Thanks Bill,

I went out and peeked this morning. The plants are looking pretty good this AM, even if they are scraggly from much foliage being removed, except for the newest. The first plants will be opening flowers this week--a good week behind last year. Sunshine and breezy conditions the next few days should be good for them. Scattered afternoon showers/isolated storms are forecast, hopefully we can dodge those. I do really think some days of sunshine will help too.

If we get any rain the next few days I'll reapply copper. Typically I don't have leaf issues until mid/late June--but the cool, damp, cloudy weather must have taken its toll.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote