View Single Post
Old September 4, 2017   #23
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi....Thankyou all for the comments...I presume I make a mix up of Sphagnum/Perlite/Vermiculite and hopefully I can adjust PH by adding Calmag using my Ph meter..

Patti ..Yes I am a little late cause I have been finishing my Growth Chamber which I wanted to have ready prior to my propagating seeds..Everything is controled and I have some 120mm LED (red and Blue) computer fans still on their way from China??? ..These will hopefully strengthen my seedlings by blowing air across my plants as well as supplying light supplementing 10 x 150cm LED tube lights .. it may pick up some time for me ..They should make the chamber attractive when the lid is lifted...The temperature will be set at 10 degrees celcius till its time to raise it...My friend an electrician has done an amazing job on the control unit...which sits beside the actual chamber..
I will post some photos when its all set up..
I bought two Tasty Tom plants today ($8 each)..Plants have just started arriving in from the growers for the new season..(have been told the seeds are $1 each). I have decided to buy more of the more mature 1/2 grown Tasty Toms as soon as they are ready in October...They will be expensive but at least they will have been expertly looked after as they have been growing....I have actually just eaten the last two TT fruit and they are still as crisp and tasty as they were back in February /March...If I could have got help and lifted say two drums inside (out of the cold in the greenhouse) I am sure they would have still been producing..
In the meantime I will be now concentrating on growing my own Tasty Tom seeds??(to see what happens).. NBfT ,Indian Stripe,Missouri Love Apple,Sweet Scarlet etc...as well as doing some minor changes to the greenhouse ...The growth chamber will be a new experience for me as long as it works?

I have slowed down a lot and get tired far more quickly as I get older ..I am hoping warmer weather will arrive soon for myself and my plants....because being honest apart from Tasty Tom,Campari and Black Cherry last seasons fruit tasted terrible ..they just would not ripen and gradually rotted..however I have been told it"was the weather"? so I will have to retry some varieties....EG I was so looking forward to tasting Indian Stripe but it was a fizzer so because so many people rated it I will give it another go.....What spoilt Black Cherry was the uneatable skins...I certainly hope somebody develops a larger fruit with a similar taste but softer skin....
Regards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote