View Single Post
Old February 16, 2018   #4
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

February 12th - February 15th

The weather was really nice Thursday so I played in the garden a bit

Earlier in this post I said I wasn't going to drive all over collecting leaves and grounds from Starbucks, guess what?... I caved and called my closest Starbucks Wednesday and stopped there Thursday after work. They saved me 5 gallons of grounds in one day. I'm undecided if I want to keep doing this long term.

Some Starbucks have a program called "Grounds for your Garden".

• I amended my Koi Pond Patio Hugelkultur bed with 5 gallons of Charged Bio-char, 5 gallons of coffee grounds and 5 gallons of rabbit manure/bedding. Once this settles I'll top with some of my compost.

• All my garlic rotted that I planted up on the hill, I decided to test my "Coarse" Bio-char mulch idea as a permanent mulch in front of the fence. My hopes are that I will never need to mulch this bed again. when I add amendments I will just move the mulch, add the amendments and push the mulch back. I have a few beds out front that I will try this on as well, hey, if it doesn't work, I'll just amend it into the soil.

I installed my Mayop trellises one in the front yard and one on the side of the house.

I started collecting rain water in 5 gallon buckets until I can get my rain barrels hooked up and they're all full, it poured last night. I'll probably top off the ponds with the rain water for now.
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote