View Single Post
Old August 12, 2016   #32
kameronth
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Foot Smells View Post
Interesting. Are you growing these in a hot house? I am constantly amazed at the places people can successfully grow tomatoes. I know two (2) people who have lived in North Dakota (Fargo) and they told me the cold wind blew early and hard; and the winter lasted until May. Fairly hearty people, but said they needed 3/4 length parka w/ hood for short bursts outside. Nice selection, btw...

Guess what I'm trying to say above, I "figure" tomatoes would be a nice niche' crop in north Dakota w/o much competition. But having zero knowledge of ND tom production, sticking my neck out here; and possibly sounding dumb (which would not be the 1st time)...
I grow outdoors. I start my seeds indoors and transplant usually around end of May/1st week of June depending on weather. We've had frost up until mid June before but not normally. It's a short growing season but the long summer days make up for it and help production.

A lot of people grow tomatoes here but usually just for personal use- not for market.
kameronth is offline   Reply With Quote