View Single Post
Old July 8, 2015   #1
Mike723
Tomatovillian™

Default KIS Compost Tea @ 400X Magnification

This is from my first brew with KIS' brewing system..
I'm going to take a shot at loading the video on here, no guarantees lol..
Forgive me for the poorish quality of the video, it's challenging to hold my cell phone to the eye piece with one hand, and adjust with the other.. I've personally brewed more active teas with plain ol' Ancient Forest by GH.. In KIS' defense, I did brew this tea 12 hours past the brew time.. I assumed it to be a minimum 24 hour brew as with most teas, but they only call for 12 hours (most likely due to the air pump on steroids). I didn't read that until after I began the brew at 8pm, and I have to be in work by 7:30 so there was no way I was getting up at 5 to simply apply it lol.. I figured I'd take a shot and wait until after work.. I'm sure that's why I saw more protozoa, but there's still some decent bacterial life in there.. The large structures are just left overs from KIS' "microbe catalyst," various food sources..

http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/mi...tml?sort=3&o=1

Fyi: I noticed that the video doesn't work from my cell phone, but you can bring it up on the pc for sure..

Last edited by Mike723; July 8, 2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Technical difficulties lol
Mike723 is offline   Reply With Quote