View Single Post
Old June 29, 2018   #134
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by taboule View Post
Since you don't care about current productivity, 1 gal is an efficient of use of space for overwintering.

That sounds good to me! How many 30,000 scoville peppers do I really need I may try bagging and send seeds to the swap.

I'm a bit confused about Long Hots. It is the Taste of Italy variety, yet it is described as a cayenne. Has anyone grown this ?

Description: This is the classic Italian cayenne-type pepper. Use these 10” long by 1 1/2” wide peppers whenever good spicy flavor is desired. The large upright plant produces an abundance of slightly curved, tapered peppers that ripen from green to bright red, when they are the spiciest, and are wrinkled at the stem end. The thin walled fruits can be dried or used to make hot pepper sauces. Make roasted long hots by tossing in olive oil and salt or garlic, place in a single layer in baking pan, roast at 375 degrees 30-40 minutes until soft and turning brown. Use on sandwiches, sausage or add to anything you want to spice up. Disease Resistance Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Tobacco Etch Virus, and Potato Virus Y.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote