View Single Post
Old March 3, 2017   #57
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Gerardo, that one is 30x72, and is good to fire up early in the season, but I prefer the larger 30x 96 GH'S, but they are too expensive to heat this time of year. I have some 48 footers too, but they are layed out differently, so I use this one first.

Sherry, we have some real good things happening, looks like ripe tomatoes before the middle of April.

Patti, wait a couple more weeks and see what happens, now the rapid growth begins. Starting the second batch tomorrow, I am ready to eat fresh tomatoes.

Jimbo, this GH is 5 years old, I just put a concrete floor in it. I like it because it is easy to clean and feels very dry. I use the shop vac, and then mop, I am really trying to keep disease beat back as long as possible. Last year I got powdery Mildew for the first time, it was a nightmare, very mentally tiring. Usually we see grey mold, it can be controlled, but PM is horrible. I had someone do them for me, and I did get a screaming deal, the ground work was easy because the floor was good packed gravel. If I do another one I may put foam board under the concrete to help keep the cold out.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote