View Single Post
Old April 3, 2016   #65
dfollett
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynut1977 View Post
Heres what I am growing from seed you sent, 6 plants of each cross. I started all the seed, ended up with getting 2 indeterminates that a I pulled. The remaining are all dwarves, with maybe a few micros?

Photo taken a week ago. Pulled them from my lights and put in front of my windows. Should be be enough sun for them as my little cacti are starting to flower in front of this window.
Thanks for posting. I wish I knew more about the genes that influence these things. If I understand the genetics correctly, we should be able to learn something from these. We should learn if there are two recessive genes that control the size of their mother – micro multiflora plants from the Red Robin X Rose Quartz multiflora family I am growing out for ChrisK. They are all from one of those crossed with different papas.

They certainly carry the ‘Dwarf’ gene. If there is another recessive gene keeping them extra small, all those I sent you should be fixed for both of those genes. Everything I sent to you came from plants that were 20” or less in size and all were multiflora. I’m looking forward to what you get from them.

Are they going into pots, containers or into the ground somewhere?
dfollett is offline   Reply With Quote