View Single Post
Old June 24, 2019   #8
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I usually take trash out to the county pickup point which is 4 miles to the Northeast of here. I always go there because I can judge the level of Norris Lake. Right now, it is higher than I've ever seen it and that goes back to 1976 - like 6 to 8 feet above full pool. We've been getting a lot of water over the dam (controlled). And, guess what? We are now under yet another severe weather watch for more heavy rain, hail, and wind for this afternoon and evening.

I'm beginning to grow webs between my fingers and toes. I don't recall this kind of wet in my 75 years of living. On a bright note, though, my blue lake green beans will be a bumper crop if they survive the flooding, and also if the bees can get into the blooms.

Bright spot is that the weather forecast for the big bicycle races scheduled this weekend in Knoxville is good. Temps in the upper 80's and humidity off the scale, but the rain is supposed to back off for a few days. The light at the end of the tunnel may not be a speeding train.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote