Thread: Main Dishes
View Single Post
Old February 10, 2009   #47
brokenbar
Tomatovillian™

I put myself through college and vet school (back in the dark ages...) as a chef for a very upscale Italian restaurant that did a lot of catering. I do this dinner for 26 every year (we are missing one wife this year as she had a symposium to attend for her work and she tried like heck to get out of it!) My livingroom is 52 feet long so I can easily accomodate banquet tables. Could not do it without my husband and adult son (they do the Prime Rib) as they serve and remove courses while I am dishing them up. It is a challenge to get the food out to that many people at the same time and have it be either hot or cold, depending on what it is! Lots of the stuff in this menu can be made ahead of time which is a huge plus. I am having this on Valentines day so I am baking the shredded potato cups today, making the dessert ,baking the bread and making the soup which I will add the Tortollini too right before serving. (and I already did the chicken parmigiana Neopolitano.) So party day, it's just adding the whipped cream and toffee bits to the dessert, making the salad and making Sun Dried Tomato Pate and Quacamole dip for the hors d'oeuvres (I don't give them too much...they have a lot of food to eat!) Running all stemware through Dishwasher tomorrow and unpacking all the china (I have service for 36...) I really have a lot of fun doing this every year, no matter how much I complain about it!