Thread: New garden 2018
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2018   #53
taboule
Tomatovillian™

Default 90% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan_PA_6b View Post
I admire your neatness. You garden pretty & I garden ugly, but the maters are tasty either way.

Nan
Nan, what you see is one side of me, here's a pic of the older/previous garden a week ago, before I started prepping it for planting. It won't be as neat, but as you say, the tomatoes dont care.
61 Nahant.jpg
It's at an older property, far from here, so will only plant there easy stuff, mostly tomatoes for my sauce supply. Already put in a couple dozen plants and a couple of bags of seed potatoes. Not done yet.

Back to this garden however: landscapers have been busy catching up with all their customers as we've had lousy weather and everyone is behind. Finally promised me to come over today and finish filling the boxes. Forecast however was for rain saturday and thunder showers sunday. I prayed for a break in the weather as I wanted to get the beds filled, so I can continue with my plantings. My babies were getting crowded with cabin fever in their solo cups.

Day started sunny and nice, the guys showed up and finished by noon. About 10 yards of compost in 3 beds, filled to the rim (as I expect settling.) Then as it started raining, I went out and planted 16x toms in the far bed. I got soaked to the bone, but it felt good.
finally.jpg

tbc...
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote