View Single Post
Old February 18, 2019   #59
SQWIBB
Tomatovillian™

February 14th-17th, 2019

Took all of the tomato plants out of the tent, fertilized with Jobes Organics Vegetable and Tomato 2 - 7 - 4, added some lime slurry, topped with potting soil, trimmed, placed back in the tent and watered real well.

The tomato plants are all loaded with fruit and the plants look very healthy.

I inspected the plants and BER is still a problem, I am leaving the fruit on the plants to see what happens. A lot of the newer fruit doesn't have what I would call typical BER but there is something going on, there looks like little tiny bruises forming on the fruit. Everything seems to be pointing to a calcium deficiency, curling leaves, BER.

My first thought would be stink bugs or some pest, but I don't see any insects, even the Aphids have seem to have dissipated.

Some of the earlier fruits I'm leaving on the plant.

Leaf curl on some of the larger leaves

The topped Jet Star tomato plants have really come back.

The tomato plants have to be watered heavily every single day or they will dry out.

Cleaned up my Parsley and chives

My Indoor Salad garden is doing real well.

Planted some Waltham Broccoli, Sun King Broccoli and Baby Bok Choy. This is my last attempt at growing Broccoli, this is actually the start of my 2019 gardening year.

I just keep thinking to myself, MAN! I have to put all this stuff away!

Last edited by SQWIBB; February 20, 2019 at 08:52 AM. Reason: corrected photo (date corrected to 61 days on gardeners delight picture)
SQWIBB is offline   Reply With Quote