Thread: bleach spray
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013   #65
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
That is the very reason I urge the use of the bleach spray at the first sign of disease instead of waiting until the plants are wrapped up with disease. The earlier you use it the fewer leaves you will lose. As long as it is mixed correctly and applied correctly the healthy plant tissue seems unaffected by repeated use; but the sick parts will wither up and die.

Bill
Torrential rains and high humidity have launched a bit of blight here in NH...there were two or three good-sized plants (2 feet tall) where I removed all stems that had so much as a leaf with a spot of blight (there weren't that many), but there are brown spots on the stem itself. Do I spray the bleach solution on the WHOLE plant, or just the area at the base of the stem where the blight is visible? Will your solution affect healthy leaves? In addition, I have a smallish Tarasenko 6 plant with a spot on the stem...it is in an Earth Box, roughly ten inches tall, with decent foliage...very healthy. In your opinion, would you spray a plant at this stage of growth with your solution? Many thanks for your help!
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote