View Single Post
Old November 16, 2019   #2
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

That went well. Will continue.

Hummingbirds have a choice of spots to sit in my yard where they can relax ad catch a little shuteye. Apparently they sleep a few seconds a a time. When awake they are hyper alert, always scanning their environment. This one is preening. Amazing how they manage to do that with such long beaks. It calls for some awkward postures.

Same bird with his head turned toward the light. Those are figs behind him.

I love the way some bees are almost translucent in the light.

Big and tasty!

July 29th

Dwarf

I am posting doubles of some varieties, early and when ripe, here.

There are a lot of tomatoes on these dwarfs.
July 24th

Another variety that is loaded with tomatoes, Stump of the World. As delicious as everyone says. This one needed steady water not to get BER, for me.

My one Isis Candy turned out to be all red with the 1st fruit of every truss a double. Tasty, balanced.

On guard next to the wispy tip of a Brad's Atomic Grape.

On member Black Bear's recommendation I got some seeds from Tatania and it is indeed a wonderful tomato.

They looked so good I just couldn't stop taking pictures of them. Rosella Purple Dwarf is in there too and produced super well in a larger pot this year.

Pretty sure this is Boronia. A delicious tomato.

Isn't this one a cutie? Tasty, too. Small enough to fit inside my hand but not as small as salad size. It made this star pattern rather than split. The star was not particularly tough.

Can't decide which one to grow next year.

Big enough for me!

There's always one that really likes tomato flowers.

Garlic chives bloom a little later.

July 29th

Last edited by GrowingCoastal; November 16, 2019 at 11:08 PM.
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote