View Single Post
Old October 23, 2018   #54
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Default 2018-2019 Season Update

Went to Tennessee for the month of September; I came back to hotter weather than August (87-89 on most days with very intense sunlight). I sowed seeds right before we left (and some in Tennessee) and brought them back in the car.

Lots of my cherry tomatoes have set fruit already even though our night time lows were ranging from 77-80. We had 2 days of 'good weather' - high of 80, but it is warming up the rest of the week; Once we get to Friday, it will be fantastic for months and out of the 80s.

These have all set fruit:

Sun Chocola - a '17-18 standout
Sun Gold - grown forever
Sun Cherry - new for me this season

TomatoBerry - New for me this season
Cherry Bomb - New for me this season
Park's Nectar - New for me this season
5 Star Grape - New for me this season; bred by Johnny's

Still waiting on:

SunPeach and SunOrange were started later since they were such fast growers that I didn't want huge plants coming back from TN. SunPeach was the biggest standout in 2017-2018 season. SunOrange was started late last year (March) but lived up to the hype - a slightly larger improved SunGold that doesn't split

GoldenCherry - another Tokita Variety new for me. Smells like SunGold/SO.

SunGrape - new for me this year

SunLemon and SunGreen - sowed really late last year; SunLemon is the weakest of all the Tokita varieties I'm growing.

Sakura was started just last week.

---
None hybrid cherries that I'm growing is Brad's Atomic Grape and Garden Gem. Neither look close to setting fruit.

Also growing Marsha's and KarenO's KARMA PINK but I really don't consider it a cherry tomato since the minimum size was a ping-pong ball and larger.

First picture: starting on left: Park's Nectar with Cherry Bomb sharing the Earthbox.
The 2nd EB has TomatoBerry along with an Brad Gates's OP.

The 2nd Picture is SunCherry ; these were so incredibly leggy when we got home; the wind here makes the stems thick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0710.jpg (630.3 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0709.jpg (576.8 KB, 158 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote