View Single Post
Old January 7, 2018   #160
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I don't remember the exact name of the grafting thread - so I'll post this here since it has N in it.

I got my copy of Seeds N Such today. It says this is new:
RST-04-105-T Hybrid Rootstock VFFFN

https://www.seedsnsuch.com/product/r...otstock-vfffn/
Salt let us know how well this one works. I use the 106 version. From what I can read the 105 has complete resistance to V wilt but is sensitive to Tobacco mosaic while the 106 is just the opposite. There is a 107 variety that is for both egg plants and tomatoes and it has complete resistance to both and all the other strengths of both the 105 and 106. I haven't found a seller yet but want to try it. I like trying various root stocks just to see how the different scions react to them.

I don't know how many seed you got but if this is your first time please go and read some of the threads on grafting because there are some tips that may help you. One that can save a lot of money is to root the top of the root stock seedling you are using for grafting and it will be ready to use again in a few weeks. If you run into any problems feel free to give me a shout. I think I have run into just about all the different problems that can arise when grafting; but I'm sure some new one will pop up on me since I said that.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote