Thread: vacuum sealer.
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2018   #43
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Not feeling the love for the research I am doing on the food saver motor power or anything else I can find which is practically nothing.

Found one place that said the draw on one of the 2000 series was 120 watts or some such rot.
3460 was 140 watts.
That is cheapo weak motor to say the least.
Not saying they are a rip off but you cant expect something like that to pound out product for long periods of time.
NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Doing the vacuum seal puts one heck of a load on these weak motors big time and the more of a load the hotter they get.
Look at your expensive commercial blenders and see what the wattage is compared to some of the cheap home owner ones.
Some are around 1800 watts more or less.
Some home owner ones are 400 watts or less mine is 600 watts works great but I wouldn't open up a bar with it.
You pay for what you get.

It is like they should almost have a duty cycle on them or something.

What is a duty cycle.
Most of the time they are in reference to welders and how long you can weld and let rest.
Mine is 90 amps 100% duty cycle.
That means I can run it continuously at 90 amps or less.
A 40/60 or 40% duty cycle meas you weld for 4 minutes and let rest for 6 minutes.

""Duty cycle is a welding equipment specification which defines the number of minutes, within a 10 minute period, during which a given welder can safely produce a particular welding current. For example, a 150 amp. welder with a 30% duty cycle must be "rested" for at least 7 minutes after 3 minutes of continuous welding.""

Now back to vacuum sealers.

It might be best NOT to set up an assembly line of packaging to seal and let the thing rest between the sealing process.
Don't have time for that, then get a better sealer with a more powerful motor.

A restaurant or what ever does not have the money to pay employees sit out back smoking while the sealer cools off.
What are you guys doing?
We are letting the sealer cool off.
Oh okay enjoy your smoke.
NOT.

The friend I mentioned before that had the over heat breaker tripping was trying to seal around 400 pounds of meat.
A ridiculous task for that wee thing he had.

Last edited by Worth1; December 14, 2018 at 07:53 PM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote